General Body of the Parish decided to take over the Nursary School run by the Sisters Apostolic Oblates and run a CBSE Public School named “ Santa Maria Public School”. A committee was formed under the chairmanship of the Vicar Rev. Fr. Joseph Puthuparambil to undertake the formation works.
The committee decided to form a charitable society named “ Santa Maria Educational Soceity” to manage and run the school. Chartered Accountant Mr. Antony Jacob gave advices and assisted with formation of the memorandum of association and the Bylaws.
SMPS was formerly inaugurated by this Grace Arch Bishop Mar Joseph Powathil in the presence of Sri Oomman Chandy MLA. Only class I and LKG / UKG was started and Prof. M.K. Joseph Meledam appointed as principal.
The General Body approved the by laws and elected the school governing body. The Parish vicar Fr. Joseph Puthuparambil elected as President of the society.
SMES was registered under the Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific and charitable societies Act 1955 with Reg. No. K/681 / 02
Earth works of the school building started
Foundation stone of the school building was laid by very Rev. Fr. Jose P Kottaram(Vicar General Changanachery Arch Diocese.
It was decided to start classes up to VII for 01/06/2004 and apply for NOC / composite Affiliation up to secondary level.
Blessing and inauguration of the new building done by Grace Arch Bishop Mar Joseph Powathil. Engineer James Jacob Adackamundackal has done the design and supervision of the construction works.
Play school in the name "Angel Garden" started functioning
NOC granted by Govt. of Kerala under letter No. 34499 / N3/2004/G.Edu.29/06/2004
Composite Affiliation granted by CBSE up to secondary level even wide letter No.CBSE/Aff/930522 / 33411 – 15 Dt. 17/11/2004.
- Dec 2006
It was decided to conduct school day celebrations as school carnival during January last weeks every year.
The school was granted approval as a minority Educational Institution vide letter No. F. NO. 1458 of 2006 / dd62
The annual General Body decided to upgrade the school to senior secondary level and provide the infrastructural facilities for that and to construct new building for KG section also.
- March 2008
1st batch of students appeared for Class X Examination and all passed with 65% of distinction and 35% of first class.
- May 2008
A school Bus purchased
New building for Senior Secondary and KG sections Blessed by and inaugurated by H.G. Arch Bishop Mar Joseph Perumthottam and the Junior College was inaugurated by Sri Oomman Chandy MLA (Opposition Leader)
- June 2008
Class XI Started
Construction the third block of the building complex started foundation stoe laid by Rev. Fr. Joseph Puthuparambil.
- 25 – 26 January 2010
Science Exhibition and seminar conducted highlighting the need to protect the purity of earth and environment.
- April 2010
Biogas plant constructed to dispose of the bio waste generated in the school and to demonstrate to the students how to manage waste disposal and energy conservation.